Seabourn Venture Update
We have much to share with you about our newest ship in the making, Seabourn Venture. Here’s the latest news and updates about our first, eagerly awaited, purpose-built expedition ship that will take your clients to places many people only dream of visiting.
Major Build Milestone Reached
On August 11, 2021 we marked a major construction milestone with an intimate launch ceremony for Seabourn Venture, at the T. Mariotti shipyard in Genoa, Italy.
The launch ceremony is an enduring maritime tradition that calls for a “madrina” to preside over the celebratory events. Serving in this significant role was Jarda Versloot-West, Seabourn’s senior manager of Expedition staffing, who first joined Seabourn nearly a decade ago for the brand’s maiden voyage to Antarctica. She was joined by Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz and T. Mariotti Shipyard Managing Director Marco Ghiglione. During the ceremony, a bottle of celebratory Champagne broke against the hull to commemorate the milestone. The ship will now move from its dry dock to its outfitting dock at the shipyard, where it will undergo final construction until the ship is delivered.
A traditional coin ceremony for the ship was held on July 13, where Versloot-West welded a commemorative coin to the ship structure.
Revised Sailing Schedule
Seabourn Venture has a new, revised inaugural sailing. The decision to change the schedule was necessary due to the ship’s progress having been affected by pandemic disruptions and related supply chain challenges over the past 18 months. The ship will now depart on her maiden voyage from Greenwich (London), England on April 10, 2022.
“We had the opportunity to visit Seabourn Venture at the T. Mariotti shipyard and were amazed at the design and beauty of the ship,” said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. “The ship will now launch in time for the inaugural summer season in the Arctic in 2022.”
Guests currently booked on Seabourn Venture voyages scheduled to depart between December 11, 2021 – April 24, 2022 have been informed about cancellations specific to their booking.
The ship will sail two new itineraries around the United Kingdom, including the inaugural voyage from Greenwich (London). The new voyages will be open for booking on August 19, 2021.
Inaugural Season Overview
Seabourn Venture’s inaugural year will start with a 12-day Inaugural Wild & Ancient British Isles sailing Greenwich (London) to Leith (Edinburgh) on April 10, 2022. She will then sail 12 days on a Scottish & Norse Legends Expedition from Leith (Edinburgh) to Tromsø on April 22, 2022 meeting back up with her existing deployment on May 4, 2022 to start the summer season in Svalbard (Arctic). These two new itineraries can be combined into a 24-day British Isles & Norse Legends Expedition combination voyage. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to combine the two itineraries plus the 11-day Arctic Summer Svalbard Exploration itinerary encompassing the British Isles, Norway and Svalbard in an epic 35‑day voyage!
Highlights and experiences to share with your clients:
In the British Isles guests will:
- Start their voyage at the location that gave name to the Greenwich Meridian (0 degrees longitude), and Greenwich Mean Time
- See world-renowned Tresco with its subtropical Abbey Gardens
- Visit Dublin, UNESCO City of Literature
- Taste whiskey from one of the famous and remote Islay distilleries
- Take a Zodiac® cruise to see Staffa Island and peer into Fingal’s Cave
- Visit Iona where St. Colomba established an Abbey in the year 563
- Watch charismatic puffins as they come and go from their nests on Lunga Island
- Explore remote and fascinating St Kilda, the edge of the world, and discover its history and stories
- Visit the ancient archaeological treasures that make up the UNESCO site on the Orkney Islands
- Explore the vast seabird colonies of Copinsay by Zodiac
In the Norwegian Fjords guests will:
- Visit Fair Isle in the middle of the roaring North Sea where 70 inhabitants live in traditional crofts and the rest of the island is covered with sheep and birds
- See the Iron Age round tower of Mousa, home to a storm petrel breeding colony
- Admire the old Hanseatic wharf and UNESCO site of Bergen
- Explore the beautiful art nouveau city of Ålesund
- Cruise by Zodiac through the majestic Lofoton Islands and into narrow Trollfjord
- Discover the UNESCO site of the Vega Archipelago and the eider ducks that sustained life here
- Set foot on Nordkapp (or the North Cape) at the northern end of Europe
Sales Opportunities and Tools for You
- Seabourn is offering solo traveler rates starting at only 50% above current fares on select voyages in select suite categories. Our base solo traveler rates are 175% for Ocean View, Veranda & Penthouse suites and 200% for Premium Suites.
- Combination Voyages offer you an opportunity to earn more commission while your clients save up to 10% on their voyage.
- Flight Ease® offers a seamless and comfortable experience to begin and end your client’s voyage
For more information about Seabourn Venture, contact Seabourn Sales at