Our Continued Commitment to Health & Safety
Dear Valued Partner,
Like you, at Seabourn we love to travel. We completely understand how eager many of you are to get out and reconnect with the world and help your clients do the same, but are also keenly aware that these days travel is filled with uncertainties, constantly changing requirements and countless COVID‑19 updates.
Your clients likely have questions and concerns about travel, and this short note provides an update on our work at Seabourn to keep our guests as comfortable and safe as possible. Over the past six months, thousands have sailed with us and we are very proud of the outcome. The feedback from our guests has reached record levels of joy and satisfaction and we have delivered on our health and safety policies and procedures.
We are always looking to continuously improve by working 24/7 with our health experts and authorities in the places we visit, to adapt and learn as conditions change. Here is a summary of those actions:
- In accordance with health authority directives, our cruises will be operated as vaccinated cruises, as defined by the CDC, with guests and crew vaccination rates approaching 100%. These cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an authorized/approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Our Seabourn team members that are eligible have received, or are now receiving, their booster shots and many of our guests have also received their boosters as well.
- All guests and crew are frequently reminded to monitor their health and report any COVID‑19 symptoms immediately.
- We conduct regular COVID-19 testing of our entire crew.
- All guests are required to wear masks at all times when indoors, except when eating or drinking or when in their own suites and when outdoors if in large gatherings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- As advised by health authorities, guests are recommended to use higher grade masks indoors and we are now providing KN-95 masks for guests.
- The shore excursions provided by Seabourn include additional health and safety standards overseen by local officials.
- We disinfect all public spaces and suites with increased frequency.
- Our HVAC systems now feature enhanced circulation of fresh air, upgraded filtration, and UV treatment.
Additionally, because our ships carry fewer guests, we offer physical distancing advantages. These include the most generous space-to-guest ratios in the industry, multiple dining options with outdoor seating, and plenty of open deck space in public areas and in most guest suites with a private furnished veranda.
We have also increased the coverage of the medical team on board. Should any health issues arise, be assured that our state-of-the-art, fully equipped onboard hospital and highly trained doctors and nurses are available 24/7 as needed.
One question that your clients may ask is: what happens if a guest tests positive on a Seabourn ship?
While rare, we recognize that this does happen. If a guest tests positive, our medical team will diagnose the guest and perform any additional tests if deemed necessary. Travel companions and any other very close contacts will be identified and screened. Positive guests will isolate in their suite or in a designated suite held for isolation, and very close contacts will be quarantined in designated suites on board.
Our care team and medical team engage with these guests to ensure they have the highest level of comfort and support, done in coordination with medical experts at our Health Operations Center in Miami. Current isolation requirements vary by country and region following a positive COVID-19 test. Our first preference is for those guests to stay with us on board where we have medical teams providing support and a full range of food, movies, books and entertainment to help the time pass. If that is not an option, we have pre-identified hotels that will accommodate the isolation period.
We all recognize that circumstances can change and we continue to adapt our policies and procedures to be as state-of-the-art as possible. Our goal is to offer a luxury vacation experience that is unmatched in quality, safety and joy.
We strongly encourage you to compare the health and safety measures offered on Seabourn to those offered anywhere else in the world. Take comfort in knowing your clients are surrounded by like-minded guests and crew that have taken similar health and safety steps to travel as safely as possible.
Finally, our Worry Free Promise policy gives you and your clients peace of mind so you can start planning their next voyage with us. We will do everything in our power to ensure your clients’ time on Seabourn is filled with joy, adventure, and unforgettable Seabourn Moments.
What we have learned over the past 22 months is that patience, flexibility and care can navigate us through most any challenge together. We consider you, our guests and team members part of something we call the Seabourn family. Our commitment is to do our best every day and we hope to see you and your clients soon on Seabourn.