Sail Into the Heart of Asia
Seabourn is bound for the heart of Asia offering voyages of natural and cultural discovery from late 2019 through early 2020. From amazing historic ruins deep in the jungles to gleaming ultra-modern cityscapes, tranquil gardens to rivers snaking through unspoiled islands, every journey in the region will brim with experiences for guests to make memories of a lifetime.
Curling around coasts in the Pacific Rim will offer guests much to enjoy both on board and on shore on our newest vessels, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation, both of which have been named as “best” by leading publications in 2019. Hand-selected itineraries will explore marquee ports and hidden harbors inaccessible to larger cruise ships. Seabourn Sojourn will also sail through parts of Asia during its 146-day World Cruise, departing on January 4, 2020 from Miami, with shorter segments offered for time-constrained travelers who are looking to join the excitement that comes with a longer ‘round-the-world journey.
There will be many exciting opportunities for your clients to experience more of Asia along the way, including visits to World Heritage sites arranged through Seabourn’s Official Cruise Partnership with UNESCO. Guests will enjoy experiences that are sure to forge deep lifetime memories when visiting these sites, such as Angkor Wat in Cambodia or Halong Bay in Vietnam. Regionally inspired cuisine will also be featured on every Asia cruise, created from local, seasonal produce and seafood procured en-route.
Highlights of Seabourn’s 2019-2020 exploration of Asia include:
- Seabourn Ovation will launch in Asia with five separate 14-day voyages exploring Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. It starts with a 14-day Holiday Thailand & Vietnam (December 21, 2019 – January 4, 2020), with Christmas Eve in Bangkok; Christmas Day with a signature Caviar in the Surf® beach barbecue on the unspoiled island of Ko Kood, Thailand; and New Year’s Eve exploring the wonders of Da Nang, Vietnam, including the Cham Museum featuring the world’s most diverse exhibition of Cham relics; and Marble Mountain, whose five hills represent the five elements of the Universe. Other two-week voyages through the region include several 14-day Vietnam & Thailand voyages (dates: January 4 – 18, January 18 – February 1, February 15 – 29, and February 29 – March 14, 2020). Each journey will visit Halong Bay and Da Nang, Vietnam, as well as overnight at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Sihanoukville, Cambodia; and Ko Kood and Bangkok, Thailand.
- At the same time as above, Seabourn Ovation will also offer a 14-day Gems of the South China Sea (February 1 – 15, 2020). Destinations beyond the country’s capital including Coron, Puerto Princesa, and the Hundred Islands (actually 124). Brimming with wildlife, a single day in Malaysia will take in Kota Kinabalu on the island of Borneo with a tour to the top of 13,000-foot Mt. Kinabalu offering rewarding views of 1,200 orchid species that bloom near the peak.
- The ship returns to Asia in spring 2020, offering a 10-Day Gems of the Java Sea (April 7 – 17, 2020) to fascinating destinations in the Indonesian Archipelago, including Komodo Island, Celukan Bawang, Probolinggo, Surabaya and Semarang, before arriving at Singapore.
- Seabourn’s 2020 World Cruise aboard Seabourn Sojourn includes many favorite port cities and destinations throughout Asia, starting with the February 20, 2020 39-day Africa & India Adventure departing Cape Town and bound for Singapore. Travelers can also choose the 38-day Asian Arc & Australia, winding through Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam, including a Caviar in the Surf® beach barbeque at Ko Kood island. Other segments ranging from 12 – 38 days will visit vibrant destinations with hundreds of years of cultural heritage, including Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Vietnam and more.
Sample shore excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites include Halong Bay in Vietnam’s Gulf of Tonkin while sailing by some 1,600 islands; a three-day mid-cruise overland tour to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, one of the most important archaeological sites in Southeast Asia that was once the center of the Khmer Kingdom; and the Complex of Hué Monuments in Vietnam, with 50 buildings spread over 30 acres of lush pine forest. A full list of excursions is available on our website.
Onboard programming will include our complimentary and highly popular Seabourn Conversations enrichment programs featuring distinguished guest speakers, as well as performances by local entertainers in select destinations such as Manila, Philippines; Da Nang, Vietnam; coastal Sihanoukville in Cambodia and more. Several dynamic speakers are joining Seabourn Ovation in Asia as part of the popular and complimentary Seabourn Conversations enrichment program. A short list includes:
- Ambassador Ashok Sanjjanhar (December 2, 2019) — A prolific writer and commentator on current developments and issues pertaining to Indian foreign policy.
- Alessandra Borchi (December 2, 2019) — A UNESCO World Heritage specialist with a strong passion for travel, history and heritage.
- Steve Wozniak (December 21, 2019) — A Silicon Valley icon for three decades and counting, most notable as a founder of Apple Computer Inc. with Steve Jobs back in 1976.
- Sir Jim McLay (January 18, 2020) — New Zealand’s former Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations from 2009 to 2015.
- Armando Manni (February 1, 2020) — A Rome-born film director, passionate gourmet and entrepreneur, who founded MANNI Oil in 2001, creating a global luxury brand.
- Captain Paul Eschenfelder (March 14, 2020) — An international pilot and sailor whose travels have offered opportunities to experience countries and cultures all over the world.
Travelers seeking to discover and experience even more in the region can by including an optional Seabourn Journey, an in-depth and immersive pre- or post-cruise land-based experience connected to the sailings in the region. Scheduled Seabourn Journeys in the region include UNESCO Treasure of China: Beijing, Xi’an & Hong Kong and UNESCO Cambodia: Phnom Penh & the Temples of Angkor, each offering guests additional opportunities to further explore and experience the region and its diverse culture through sights beyond the ship.
For a highly readable take on some of the many destinations Seabourn will visit during the upcoming season in Asia, check out Current: A Travel Blog by Seabourn, with articles including Tales of the Royals on some of Asia’s most famed and exalted families; The Hidden Ports of Southeast Asia on what makes some of the world’s most unique nautical nooks so special; How to Enjoy Saigon Nightlife on what goes on when the sun goes down and the city lights up; and The Banks of the Chao Phraya, on the marvelous canals of Bangkok.
Book your clients voyage by November 20 to take advantage of exceptional savings and offers during our Set Sail Event.
For more information about our Asia voyages, contact Seabourn Sales at