Seabourn’s Partnership as “The Official Cruise Partner” with UNESCO Renewed
We are thrilled to share that Seabourn has signed an agreement to extend our official partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in a unique alliance to help protect World Heritage. The five-year extension will continue to foster wider support and understanding in the travel industry and among travelers for UNESCO’s mission of safeguarding and promoting the world’s unique cultural and natural heritage recognized for its outstanding universal value.
Since our partnership started in 2014, Seabourn and our guests have contributed more than $1 million (USD) to UNESCO, as a component of this partnership, providing a significant level of support to the organization and its mission. We will now continue raising money to support and protect World Heritage sites around the world while offering our guests what no other cruise line can deliver, thanks to our unique partnership.
“We’re incredibly proud to continue our relationship with UNESCO as their official cruise partner, building on the work we have completed together in recent years,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “Together we share a common view that the preservation of cultural and historic sites around the world has lasting impact on travelers for generations to come.”
For Seabourn guests, the UNESCO alliance means that their travels on Seabourn’s intimate, all-suite ships are richly enhanced by deeper insight, unique access and behind-the-scenes information about World Heritage sites and projects. Speakers with special knowledge about World Heritage join select sailings on our ships as a part of our complimentary Seabourn Conversations enrichment and entertainment program. In addition, fares for Seabourn optional excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites include a donation to UNESCO. We offer more than 250 shore experiences at over 170 UNESCO-designated sites and have also created special World Heritage Discovery Tours at a number of ports worldwide.
Seabourn enables guests’ passion for exploring and learning more about the world’s most exceptional destinations. Since the partnership’s founding in 2014, Seabourn has facilitated visits to hundreds of UNESCO World Heritage sites. The financial support from Seabourn directly supports UNESCO’s efforts to promote and preserve these precious sites for future generations.
Optional UNESCO Partner Tour shore excursions include:
- KUŞADASI (EPHESUS), TURKEY Best of Ephesus
- SYRACUSE, SICILY, ITALY Ancient Syracuse
- TALLINN, ESTONIA Highlights of Tallinn
- AQABA (PETRA), JORDAN Petra: Hidden Treasure of the Ancient World
- ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA Splendid St. Petersburg & Scenic River Cruise
- DUBROVNIK, CROATIA Dubrovnik Cable Car Ride & A Stroll through Old Town
- SEMARANG (BOROBUDUR), JAVA, INDONESIA Borobudur: Mystical Stone Temple
- CÁDIZ (SEVILLE), SPAIN The Very Best of Seville
- AJACCIO, CORSICA, FRANCE Les Calanques de Piana
- MYKONOS, NISOS MYKONOS, GREECE The Island of Delos
- VALLETTA, MALTA Malta’s Capitals: Mdina & Valletta
- CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA The Great Barrier Reef
- QUÉBEC CITY, QUÉBEC, CANADA Historic & Modern Québec
- TANGIER, MOROCCO Tangier & Tetouan
- NEWHAVEN (EDINBURGH), SCOTLAND Edinburgh Castle & Panorama
- CASTRO, ISLA CHILOÉ, CHILE UNESCO Churches of Chiloé
PRE- AND POST-CRUISE SEABOURN JOURNEYS
- UNESCO India’s Golden Triangle: The Taj Mahal & Jaipur
- UNESCO Cambodia: Phnom Penh & The Temples of Angkor
- UNESCO Treasure of China: Beijing, Xi’an & Hong Kong
- UNESCO Sydney, The Red Centre & Great Barrier Reef
- UNESCO Splendors of Peru: Lima, Cuzco & Machu Picchu
- UNESCO South America: Rio, Iguazú Falls & Buenos Aires
- UNESCO Banff National Park & The Rocky Mountaineer
- UNESCO Imperial Heritage of Europe
- UNESCO Treasures of Tuscany
MID-CRUISE OVERLAND PROGRAMS
- Angkor Wat & Phnom Penh
- Taj Mahal & Jaipur
- Masada & Jerusalem
We are proud that your clients will continue to have special access to UNESCO World Heritage sites around the world. Our Set Sail Event is the perfect time to book their cruise to take advantage of exceptional savings and offers.
For more information about out partnership with UNESCO, contact Seabourn Sales at