Create Lifetime Memories in Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland
Invite your clients to spend their 2019 summer in Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland enjoying immersive itineraries and experiential activities that offer them the opportunity to create lifetime memories.
Don’t miss our Special Offers on these extraordinary sailings! As Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales says, “Europe is such a rich destination and its northern territories offer so many opportunities to discover this extraordinary part of the world, plus now is the time to book to secure your clients preferred suite before they are sold out. Our 2019 cruise schedule in Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland is brimming with immersive itineraries through every corner of the region, with attractions, activities and special programming making lasting memories and experiences guests won’t find on any other cruise line.”
While four of our five ultra-luxury ships will spend at least part of 2019 cruising the continent, two, in particular, will focus on Northern Europe:
- Seabourn Quest will sail a series of adventurous 15-day voyages exploring spectacular scenery and wildlife of the British Isles, Iceland and Norway, including the North Cape. These voyages will feature a stellar Expedition Team offering optional Ventures by Seabourn™ excursions. The ship’s Europe season will culminate with two three-week cruises highlighting the best of Iceland, Greenland and other North Atlantic isles sailing 21 days from Dover to Reykjavík to and then 24 days from Reykjavík to Montréal.
- Seabourn Ovation will offer the line’s signature summer staple of seven-day voyages in the Baltic between Copenhagen and Stockholm, including three days in St. Petersburg, Russia. The ship’s schedule also includes several “hidden gems,” including 14-day voyages combing majestic Norway & the North Cape with the British Isles, featuring optional Ventures by Seabourn excursions, and a 14-day southward cruise from Dublin to Lisbon via Paris.
Among the adventures waiting for guests to enjoy are:
- Exploring Aurlandsfjord
- Storstappen Island by Zodiac & North Cape
- Hvalsey Norse Ruins by Zodiac: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Preikestolen/Pulpit Rock Hike
- Puffins, Eiders Guillemots: Vigur Island by Zodiac
Seabourn’s Expedition Teams include hand-picked naturalists, archaeologists, photographers, and expedition experts. During each sailing featuring Ventures by Seabourn excursions, team members regularly interact with guests, providing keen insight to deliver a rich holistic travel experience. These fascinating, accomplished experts are part of the Seabourn Conversations program, providing your clients’ in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places they visit. In addition, the team chronicles their adventures with stories and photos via Seabourn’s Ventures Tracker.
Members of the team include:
- Ignacio Rojas, Ventures Leader — “Iggy” has spent the last 25 years exploring some of the most beautiful and remote regions of the world. With a foundation in biology, Iggy has led the Ventures by Seabourn team throughout Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland. The remaining months of the year he can be found leading expeditions in the Amazon, Antarctica, Australia and New Zealand.
- Dr. Colleen Batey, Lecturer — A Senior Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Glasgow, Colleen has spent 40 years researching the Viking Age in Scotland, Scandinavia and the North Atlantic. For several years she was curator of Archaeology for Glasgow Museums, with work including coordinating a loan of Viking material for the highly successful Smithsonian exhibition Vikings: North Atlantic Saga, seen by several million visitors in the U.S.
- Joe Cockram, Lecturer — A birdwatcher from age seven, Joe left home to work as a warden on nature reserves as soon as he was legally able. His interest in seabirds later led him to some of the most important nesting colonies on remote headlands and islands in Northern Europe. Now a shipboard ornithologist, Joe cruises the world using his knowledge and passion to help others experience and appreciate the incredible variety of species found around the continents.
There will be many other opportunities for your clients to set foot in and explore Northern Europe throughout summer. Optional shore excursions dotting itineraries include:
- Helsinki Highlights, Porvoo & River Cruise to Haikko
- Châteauneuf & Avignon: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Three-Day Extraordinary St. Petersburg: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Gateway to the Arctic & Cable Car
For more information about travel to Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland,
contact Seabourn Sales at