Alaska: Wellness in the Wilderness with Dr. Weil
Our first dedicated Wellness Cruise with Dr. Andrew Weil will explore Alaska on the 12-Day Wellness in the Wilderness with Dr. Weil on Seabourn Sojourn, June 16-28, 2018 as it travels from Vancouver, British Columbia to Seward, Alaska.
The Wellness Cruise program will include more than 20 complimentary lectures and demonstrations to guide guests in living a life that is healthy, satisfying and well. A sampling of wellness topics include:
- Healthy Aging presented by Dr. Weil, with strategies to reduce the risk and delay the onset of age-related disease. Other programs presented by Dr. Weil include Fish, Wellness & the Environment; panel discussions including Getting the Most out of Integrative Therapies; Worried You're Over Medicated? Questions to Ask Your Doctor; and Vitamins and Supplements Panel Discussion; as well as a cooking demonstration.
- Heart to Heart with preventive cardiologist Steve Devries M.D., Executive Director of the Gables Institute for Integrative Cardiology. Dr. Devries will lead discussions including a session on using nutrition to boost heart function.
- Vibrantly Healthy Women with Victoria Maizes, M.D., an internationally recognized leader in Integrative Medicine and a Professor of Medicine, Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of Arizona. Dr. Maizes will present Nourishing Your Health by Living Green, and examine everything from cutting-edge nutritional advances to the neuroscience of happiness in Vitality: How to Uncover More.
- Guided Imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek will lead programs including Guided Imagery: The Lazy Man's (or Woman's) Meditation; Guided Imagery for Deep, Restorative Sleep; and Guided Imagery for Overcoming Anxiety. Naparstek is creator of the popular Health Journeys audio series featuring her and scores of gifted, handpicked Guided Imagery practitioners.
- Sanford Newmark, M.D., an expert in nutrition and its impact on childhood development, will examine several areas in his field including ADHD Today and Stress Levels in Kids. A clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the University of California, Dr. Newmark will also lead discussions on the significance of nutrition, sleep, exercise and social activity in Raising Healthy Kids.
- Quick & Easy Wellness with Jim Nicolai, M.D., an expert in combining conventional medicine with the intelligent use of complementary and alternative therapies, will reveal how easy it is to embrace wellness with presentations including Breathwalking for Wellness and Quick & Easy Herbs.
For more information about our Wellness Cruises
contact Seabourn Sales at